Registered
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:19
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4.jpg

It's 1974 f250 ,360 V8 ,4 speed,factory AC,found truck at a used car lot in 1/16.Salesman tried to sell me a newer truck and stated you don’t want that truck it’s shot.Paint bad runs terrible etc.Turns out the truck was bought in a package from a wholesaler down in Georgia.So I insisted to see this truck so salesman got keys and battery was dead.Gave a jump and she fired up.Ran kinda crappy but was running.Salesman had to check with manager about price as the truck was parked in the back row of car lot.Salesman came back and said $3500 I quickly offered $3000 on the spot and they accepted it.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 2.jpg

Also added they have it flat bedded to my house about 5 miles away.They agreed and so I got my highboy.Once got home brought into garage and began to wet sand paint and all trim.Did a few different stages of wet sanding and then polished back to look real good.Then installed new carburetor.Truck ran great and took for a ride.Truck was 100% all there. Then a few months later as the sanding and polishing took me about 5 weeks after work and weekends to do.Then I found the Roll bar and added the old school KC lights.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 3.jpg

Then found front push bar and added more KC lights.Then hunted down the visor had painted and installed that.Also added some chrome grab handles and chrome bed rails.Also added duel CB antennas.Truck has been great and my daughter named him Jesse and she just absolutely loves it.She helped make Truck nice gains and the memories that gave me will I sure I have this truck forever.Turns out I found some paperwork in the truck and I tracked the owner down who lived in Georgia.Turns our he donated the truck to his local church about a year before I bought it sitting on a car lot in patchogue NY.Said he bought new and couldn’t drive with the clutch due to bad knees.He was so excited I called him cause he wondered where it was.Showed him pics and he was so happy to see it looking so good.He bought the truck brand new.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 4.jpg

Then a few months later as the sanding and polishing took me about 5 weeks after work and weekends to do.Then I found the Roll bar and added the old school KC lights.Then found front push bar and added more KC lights.Then hunted down the visor had painted and installed that.Also added some chrome grab handles and chrome bed rails.Also added duel CB antennas.Truck has been great and my daughter named him Jesse and she just absolutely loves it.She helped make Truck nice gains and the memories that gave me will I sure I have this truck forever.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 5.jpg

Turns out I found some paperwork in the truck and I tracked the owner down who lived in Georgia.Turns our he donated the truck to his local church about a year before I bought it sitting on a car lot in patchogue NY.Said he bought new and couldn’t drive with the clutch due to bad knees.He was so excited I called him cause he wondered where it was.Showed him pics and he was so happy to see it looking so good.He bought the truck brand new.

Then a few months later as the sanding and polishing took me about 5 weeks after work and weekends to do.Then I found the Roll bar and added the old school KC lights.Then found front push bar and added more KC lights.Then hunted down the visor had painted and installed that.Also added some chrome grab handles and chrome bed rails.Also added duel CB antennas.Truck has been great and my daughter named him Jesse and she just absolutely loves it.She helped make Truck nice gains and the memories that gave me will I sure I have this truck forever.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 6.jpg

Turns out I found some paperwork in the truck and I tracked the owner down who lived in Georgia.Turns our he donated the truck to his local church about a year before I bought it sitting on a car lot in patchogue NY.Said he bought new and couldn’t drive with the clutch due to bad knees.He was so excited I called him cause he wondered where it was.Showed him pics and he was so happy to see it looking so good.He bought the truck brand new.
1974 Ford F-250 With a 360 V8 4 Speed 4x4 7.jpg