Registered
Local time
Today, 08:49
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel.jpg

In January of 2013 my dater was diagnosed with aggressive colon cancer and passed away about 10 days later . He purchased the truck new in 1966 , I learned to drive in it and we used it as a farm truck . It had been sitting at his place in idaho for about 25 years.
He always talked about fixing it up and we were going to do it together but I guess our plans got changed. My wife and I decided to restore it in his honor and we did a complete frame off restoration . It has a 1997 Cummins 12 valve diesel in it and we changed out the running gear and a few other things.

Says: Keith Bott (Owner)
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel 2.jpg

It has Front axle 78 high pinion Dana 44 Rear axle 98 sterling 10.25 205 transfer case 98 ZF5 5 speed manual transmission . 4” dual exhaust We tried to keep as many things original as possible . All the bezels ,gauges ,speedometer all work.
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel 3.jpg

It sits on the original frame and actually is kinda fun to drive, But on wet streets it’s a little squirrelly . A couple years ago we took it on a 800 mile round trip to a car show in Joseph Oregon.
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel 4.jpg

It was a pretty rusty old heap. But don’t be fooled I make her work once in a while. The guys at the lumberyard couldn’t believe I used it to haul all this wood.
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel 5.jpg

I miss my pops , there’s a lot of memories in that old truck. It was worth all the hard work to make it happen !
1965 Ford F-250 Cummins 12 Valve Diesel 6.jpg

S

Stephen Hayden

View attachment 5634

In January of 2013 my dater was diagnosed with aggressive colon cancer and passed away about 10 days later . He purchased the truck new in 1966 , I learned to drive in it and we used it as a farm truck . It had been sitting at his place in idaho for about 25 years.
He always talked about fixing it up and we were going to do it together but I guess our plans got changed. My wife and I decided to restore it in his honor and we did a complete frame off restoration . It has a 1997 Cummins 12 valve diesel in it and we changed out the running gear and a few other things.

Says: Keith Bott (Owner)
View attachment 5635

It has Front axle 78 high pinion Dana 44 Rear axle 98 sterling 10.25 205 transfer case 98 ZF5 5 speed manual transmission . 4” dual exhaust We tried to keep as many things original as possible . All the bezels ,gauges ,speedometer all work.
View attachment 5636

It sits on the original frame and actually is kinda fun to drive, But on wet streets it’s a little squirrelly . A couple years ago we took it on a 800 mile round trip to a car show in Joseph Oregon.
View attachment 5637

It was a pretty rusty old heap. But don’t be fooled I make her work once in a while. The guys at the lumberyard couldn’t believe I used it to haul all this wood.
View attachment 5638

I miss my pops , there’s a lot of memories in that old truck. It was worth all the hard work to make it happen !
View attachment 5639
Love the truck & the story may your dad rest in peace, I think your dad would give you a thumbs up !!! 👍