Registered
Local time
Today, 13:55
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually.jpg

This is my 1956 F350, crew cab, diesel, dually, low down.
It all started when crew cabs were coming out again as new daily drivers. I thought to myself,
wow, it would be really nice to have one, but a 1956 Ford crew cab would be way cooler!!
As i started to look at the shape of the cabs with some buddies, we realized that the cabs
were not going to line up very nice. The front was narrow with the back being much wider, not
to mention the cab is curved, front to back and again top to bottom.
It was then my buddies said, it can’t be done, it will look ridiculous and its way too much
work!!But I could see the big picture and said, challenge accepted.

Says: Aaron Machuik (Owner)
1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 2.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 3.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 4.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 5.jpg

So the search for two very rusty or beat up cabs began, for if the project shouldn’t work out, I
didn’t want to waste two cabs.
As the cabs were starting to take shape, we “the wife and I” kept up with collection of rough
parts. The front fenders needed a lot of hammer time, it took two hoods two make one and the
rear fenders were as close to scrap as they could get.

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 6.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 7.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 8.jpg

For the box we wanted something with good taillights and a tailgate that didn’t need chains.
So we went with a 1997 F150 box, shortened the front a few inches and narrowed the box and
tailgate 14 inches. The rear fenders were then cut and shaped to match the new box so they
would bolt up as they did in 1956.

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 9.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 10.jpg

The chassis soon became the biggest problem, with the truck being so narrow and wanting to
stay two wheel drive, there were not a lot of options, so the search began. After trying many
combinations, sorry Ford friends, it came out Suburban and one ton spindles so the rear
naturally became a dually.

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually  11.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 12.jpg

As for the power plant, it came out of a 1997 Bluebird school bus, 12 valve cummins and an
AT 545. After driving the truck on the highway and hoping that the 1:1 trans ratio and a set of
3.08’s in rear might work, but it didn’t, it was still screaming too much RPM. So a change had
to be made.

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 13.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 14.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 18.jpg

Now there is an Allison six speed bolted to the cummins and a set of 3.73’s in the
Sterling one ton diff.
In the end, it was battle right from the front bumper all the way thru to the rear bumper, as
every bracket, every mount and every other thing had to be made from scratch as there is no
parts catalog for this kind of build.

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 15.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 16.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 17.jpg

1956 Ford F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 19.jpg

R

Rick LeGrow. Longfoot

Total cool ride. Looking for a 50s pick up myself to build a pro street selling my big show truck and retiring in two years. Got any extra trucks around by chance

S

Scott Carper

View attachment 6027

It all started when crew cabs were coming out again as new daily drivers. I thought to myself,
wow, it would be really nice to have one, but a 1956 Ford crew cab would be way cooler!!
As i started to look at the shape of the cabs with some buddies, we realized that the cabs
were not going to line up very nice. The front was narrow with the back being much wider, not
It was then my buddies said, it can’t be done, it will look ridiculous and its way too much

View attachment 6028
View attachment 6029
View attachment 6030

View attachment 6031

So the search for two very rusty or beat up cabs began, for if the project shouldn’t work out, I
As the cabs were starting to take shape, we “the wife and I” kept up with collection of rough
parts. The front fenders needed a lot of hammer time, it took two hoods two make one and the

View attachment 6032
View attachment 6033
View attachment 6034

For the box we wanted something with good taillights and a tailgate that didn’t need chains.
So we went with a 1997 F150 box, shortened the front a few inches and narrowed the box and
tailgate 14 inches. The rear fenders were then cut and shaped to match the new box so they

View attachment 6035
View attachment 6036
The chassis soon became the biggest problem, with the truck being so narrow and wanting to
stay two wheel drive, there were not a lot of options, so the search began. After trying many
combinations, sorry Ford friends, it came out Suburban and one ton spindles so the rear

View attachment 6045
View attachment 6037
As for the power plant, it came out of a 1997 Bluebird school bus, 12 valve cummins and an
AT 545. After driving the truck on the highway and hoping that the 1:1 trans ratio and a set of
3.08’s in rear might work, but it didn’t, it was still screaming too much RPM. So a change had
to be made.

View attachment 6038
View attachment 6039
View attachment 6043
Now there is an Allison six speed bolted to the cummins and a set of 3.73’s in the
Sterling one ton diff.
In the end, it was battle right from the front bumper all the way thru to the rear bumper, as
every bracket, every mount and every other thing had to be made from scratch as there is no

View attachment 6040
View attachment 6041
View attachment 6042

View attachment 6044
I love it I would Love to buy it but I need a 4x4 but that is one of the most Beautiful trucks I've ever seen !!!!!

V

Vintage56-JML

I’d love to visit with you about the entire project, but especially the crew cab-rication. I also have a hoard of crusty cabs and doors to be offered up to the crew cab sacrifice on my ‘56 F-100 and ‘56 C-600. What’s a good way to contact you? I’m vintage56 on FTE and HAMB.
thanks in advance!
Jon in Oklahoma

J

Jean Montréal

Except for the side mirrors this truck is a beauty! Congrats!

A

Amlawn

View attachment 6027

View attachment 6028
View attachment 6029
View attachment 6030

View attachment 6031

View attachment 6032
View attachment 6033
View attachment 6034

View attachment 6035
View attachment 6036

View attachment 6045
View attachment 6037
to be made.

View attachment 6038
View attachment 6039
View attachment 6043
Sterling one ton diff.

View attachment 6040
View attachment 6041
View attachment 6042

View attachment 6044
Has got to be the most beautiful truck I’ve ever seen. If I could imagine one, this is what it would be! Well done my friend, well done!

K

Kevin mccarthy

Absolutely stunning. Incredible job.

A

Al Fenrich

Very well done - beautiful