Registered
Local time
Today, 09:30
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1969 Ford Mustang Hardtop Wild Violet Purple.jpg

Check out this Wild Violet 1969 Mustang hardtop from Tracey Russell from Adelaide, South Australia. Tracey tells us, "Growing up as a child with Grandparents who were founding members of the Studebaker Club in Western Australia, did a lot for my interest in American Classics. They also had service stations and I was always playing with dinky cars on a road mat/carpet.
1969 Ford Mustang Hardtop Wild Violet Purple 2.jpg

I fell in love with the 'pony car' at a young age and always said I would get one... come Mid Life Crisis and Woolahhhh There she is! Imported originally from the US to Queensland and restored from a Champagne Gold / Nugget Gold trim to the XY GT colour of Wild Violet. She appealed to me instantly and I fell in love. Purchased from South Australia by a girl who brought her from Qld and then I shipped her home to Western Australia.
1969 Ford Mustang Hardtop Wild Violet Purple 3.jpg

Joined the MOCWA and became a committee member and learnt more about the passion. Moved to SA in Nov 08 as the 'car scene' here is huge. Although missing the Motorplex and being in a drag crew for a '66 Stang... Racestang! So here we are two and a half years down the track and doing her up bit by bit. I have made a few modifications like mags, extractors, interior etc. - not to mention the odd mechanical hick ups of an ol' gal. But all in all I could never sell her even though she does turn heads being so WILD. So Wildstang and I are in love and my children are waiting for the day to fight over the ownership! hehe Drive safe and happy cruzin."
1969 Ford Mustang Hardtop Wild Violet Purple 4.jpg