Registered
Local time
Today, 11:58
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500.jpg

Harry Barrett (Owner) Says: Well I bought the cars chassis when I came back from a deployment overseas. Made the deal in Afghanistan, when I came home i picked it up. 6 months later I damaged it while backing it into its storage unit due to no passenger side mirror.

Owner:

Photos by:

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 2.jpg

I took it to a friend who does restorations and he told me I would have to clear off the quarter panel... fast forward 6 months and I had to replace the floor pan, both quarters, both wheel tubs, partial front and rear frame rails, trunk pans, partial firewall and lastly the torque boxes.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 3.jpg

At this point I decided I wanted to make a gt500 tribute out of it, so I did. I used tony brandas fiberglass (best you can get) and had the car finished by my friend while I went to college on my GI Bill.

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 4.jpg

Four years later I got to drive the car across the US when it was finally finished.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 5.jpg

Literally spent 10 18 hour days putting it back together, changing fluids etc, only to drive it from Pennsylvania to Utah.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 6.jpg

I am the third owner of this car it was originally a 289 luxury edition red on red fastback.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 9.jpg

It now has 42000 original miles.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 7.jpg

It currently is powered by its original 289 bored out to a 306 with around 335 horsepower.
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 8.jpg

My plans for the car are to continue updating the suspension and drivetrain and eventually race it on the track.

Join Now - Ford Mustang Forums

Last edited:
Y

Youra Douchesnozzle

Pretty bad practice to use someone’s photos without giving him any credit.

Forddaily

Staff member
administrator
Registered
Local time
Today, 11:58
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
Owner of this car did not send us credits of pics!
But however, person who has captured this beautiful pics is : https://www.instagram.com/ajmedia801/

H

Harry Barrett

Yeah I screwed this up. When I wrote this (on my phone) I wasn’t really thinking as you can see from my bad grammar and incomplete sentences. I should have reached out to ajmedia801 for guidance. Every day you learn something, so I guess this is my lesson for today.

N

Nolongera Douchesnozzle

Thank you!