Registered
Local time
Today, 17:57
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator.jpg

My friend, Brian Burns, and I dreamed up this vintage truck. He paid for all the parts, and I provided the labor. I actually got my start in this business building bad-ass ‘56 Ford pick ups, so this project was a welcome return to my roots. I sort of went crazy and really set out to make the ultimate, ‘56 Ford F100 dream machine.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 000.jpg

I’m not the only one with nostalgia for the F100s. Any of these trucks produced between 1953 to 1956 are instant hits with those who love classic trucks.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 5.jpg

We created several body modifications for this truck, including chopping the hood and extending the cab down to meet the running boards.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 4.jpg

We rounded off the corners on the doors and made the bed one piece with massive tubs and a hidden gas filler neck. We fabricated the wood to appear to be bootless with a picture-frame edge.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 3.jpg

The chassis is a BSI custom, and the suspension is BSI (4 link in the rear) with my EZ Aline adjusters with RideTech air ride suspension.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 2.jpg

We started with a supercharged LS7 putting out 700 horsepower and a turbo 400 with the gear vendors. As the project progressed, I became more impressed with what Ford was producing, so we changed it to a supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator with a 4R70E.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 6.jpg

The 3-inch aluminum driveline is by Inland Empire, and 13-inch brakes by Wildwood will bring all those horses in line.
If you look at the chassis, you won’t see any brake, fuel or air lines or any electrical. We ran all of it through tubing in the chassis for a super streamlined look.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 7.jpg

The tailgate and roll pan are custom made with ‘48 Chevy taillights, and Currie Ford 9-inch axles. We used a 3-inch stainless-steel Magnaflow exhaust, a stainless-steel fuel tank and a Mattson radiator.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 8.jpg

The dash looks like a factory install, but I actually made it by hand to fit the 2012 Ford King Ranch gauges. The steering column and wheel are Flaming River. Vintage Air keeps the climate controlled while your take your Sunday drive.

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 9.jpg

The upholstery is Corona Concepts, and the center console is BSI. We installed a big back window, which provides great sightlines in addition to good looks, and the truck looks extra fine rolling down the road with Boze wheels (20 x 15 in the rear and 19 x 8.5 in the front).
1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 10.jpg

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 11.jpg

1956 Ford F100 Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator 12.jpg

Pics & Soruce:
BodieStroud

W

Warren Bennett

Very nice build! Wish it was mine.

E

Everett bligh

View attachment 5843

My friend, Brian Burns, and I dreamed up this vintage truck. He paid for all the parts, and I provided the labor. I actually got my start in this business building bad-ass ‘56 Ford pick ups, so this project was a welcome return to my roots. I sort of went crazy and really set out to make the ultimate, ‘56 Ford F100 dream machine.

View attachment 5844
I’m not the only one with nostalgia for the F100s. Any of these trucks produced between 1953 to 1956 are instant hits with those who love classic trucks.

View attachment 5849
We created several body modifications for this truck, including chopping the hood and extending the cab down to meet the running boards.

View attachment 5848
We rounded off the corners on the doors and made the bed one piece with massive tubs and a hidden gas filler neck. We fabricated the wood to appear to be bootless with a picture-frame edge.

View attachment 5847
The chassis is a BSI custom, and the suspension is BSI (4 link in the rear) with my EZ Aline adjusters with RideTech air ride suspension.

View attachment 5846
We started with a supercharged LS7 putting out 700 horsepower and a turbo 400 with the gear vendors. As the project progressed, I became more impressed with what Ford was producing, so we changed it to a supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator with a 4R70E.

View attachment 5850
The 3-inch aluminum driveline is by Inland Empire, and 13-inch brakes by Wildwood will bring all those horses in line.
If you look at the chassis, you won’t see any brake, fuel or air lines or any electrical. We ran all of it through tubing in the chassis for a super streamlined look.

View attachment 5851
The tailgate and roll pan are custom made with ‘48 Chevy taillights, and Currie Ford 9-inch axles. We used a 3-inch stainless-steel Magnaflow exhaust, a stainless-steel fuel tank and a Mattson radiator.

View attachment 5852
The dash looks like a factory install, but I actually made it by hand to fit the 2012 Ford King Ranch gauges. The steering column and wheel are Flaming River. Vintage Air keeps the climate controlled while your take your Sunday drive.

View attachment 5854
The upholstery is Corona Concepts, and the center console is BSI. We installed a big back window, which provides great sightlines in addition to good looks, and the truck looks extra fine rolling down the road with Boze wheels (20 x 15 in the rear and 19 x 8.5 in the front).
View attachment 5853
View attachment 5855
View attachment 5856

Pics & Soruce:
BodieStroud
Would you build anther one

B

Brad

Glad to see you left at least some of the chrome. Cars and trunks of the 50s should keep all the bling they was born with IMO. With that said gorgeous truck your friend is a lucky man.

R

Rick Dujack

Best f series I've seen and all Ford too
Awesome job brother