Registered
Local time
Today, 22:07
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1978 Ford F250 A Real Highboy 5.9L Cummins Diesel .jpg

I honestly have no idea how long it’s been since I found a giant truck that is worthy of showcasing for the express purpose of causing Brian to make a noise that is a cross between an excited “squee!” and something far more vulgar upon first sight, but as soon as I laid eyes on this 1978 Ford F-250, I knew my work was done. Seriously…I love it, and I’m not that into trucks…at least, not to the level of Lohnes. And I’ll bet money that the first thing Chad would do is find the biggest damn travel trailer RV he could find, hook it to the back, and disappear before either one of us could utter, “What just happened?” It ticks all of the right boxes: clean, classic pickup from the 1970s, modernized drivetrain, the ability to drag just about anything behind it. And it’s even a SuperCab model, so bringing friends or kids along is a go!
1978 Ford F250 A Real Highboy 5.9L Cummins Diesel 2.jpg

The basis of the truck is a 2.5 ton Freightliner frame and it’s 5.9L Cummins diesel/Eaton FS5205A five-speed manual transmission setup. All of that fits under the Ford’s body, with the only addition being the dually flares on the bed and the front bumper setup. The front windshield is new, the seals around all of the glass are fresh, and the interior is beautiful. Leather seats, rubber floors, and an excellent integration of the Freightliner gauges and switches into the Ford dash make us smile…as much as the dual tool boxes and chrome side-exit exhausts do.
1978 Ford F250 A Real Highboy 5.9L Cummins Diesel 3.jpg
1978 Ford F250 A Real Highboy 5.9L Cummins Diesel 4.jpg
1978 Ford F250 A Real Highboy 5.9L Cummins Diesel 5.jpg

Source: BangShift