Registered
Local time
Today, 14:30
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch.jpg

I grew up around old Ford's and my Dad always had different high boys and Broncos throughout my childhood and I always wanted to do up a nice one for myself. I found a 76 highboy about 2 hours away from me in 2014 and picked it up for 300 bucks, a steal, even with a rotten body. So the hunt was on for a mint 2wd to do a swap. I found an original owner 77 f150 just down the road from me a few months later and it was cherry. The downside was it had nasty beige paint. I stripped the body down and had it sprayed GM Holden Black, then transplanted everything onto the highboy frame. The 390 and 4 speed that were in the truck already ran great so I threw some hooker headers and dual 3" exhaust with glass packs. I ran 37" BFG's on it for a few years with the half ton mirrors but I've had 40's on other trucks and it's a hard habit to break! So I threw on some 40" Toyos and some west coast mirrors so I could haul my camper in it. My kids love it and my 5 year old boy will inherit it one day. Nothing beats an old Ford!

Says: Shane Vanderbasch (Owner)
1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 2.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 3.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 4.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 5.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 6.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 7.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 8.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 9.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 10.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 11.jpg

1976 Ford Highboy Story About Owner Sh. Vanderbasch 12.jpg