Registered
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:46
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
b13.jpg

The truck is a family heirloom. It was bought brand new in 1962 by my grandfather. The truck turned from his daily driver, to his shop truck then to the truck in the corner of his tow yard.Wheels, upholstery was done by Wal and Eades in Fresno Carlos and his crew does amazing work, paint and body was done by Joe Lopez out of Porterville, and the wiring and some odds and ends were finished by the guys at Sierra Street Rods in Porterville. There's a logo for "Boyett's Speed Shop" on the inner fender. It's a fictitious shop. My uncle's name was Mark Boyett. He passed away suddenly just 2 months after finishing the truck. The truck won Best Ford Truck at the Goodguys West Coast Nationals and also Best in Show for a Generational Build at the LA Classic Auto Show both in 2019. I love the beast and hope my son (now 1) will love it some day as well.

b12.jpg

The truck was in rough shape back then after being abused as a work truck for years. But it had a solid 292 V8 and a 4 speed on the floor. I remember restoring that 8th grade summer with my uncle and the bolts were so rusted in the bed we had to use an angle grinder to get them out. Not to smart on a hot day in California with rotted wood still in the bed and sparks flying. Luckily a hose was close by and I didn't know my uncle could move that fast. I drove the truck all through high school. Lots and lots of memories in "the beast" That's what all my friends called it and the name has stuck.
The current state of the truck is thanks to a full frame off restoration my uncle and I did with the help and talent of some good friends. It has a blueprint 306 crate motor, c4 monster transmission, painless wire harness, Dakota Digital gauges, U.S. Mag Rambler

b11.jpg

Owner https://www.instagram.com/codyclem13/

Attachments

• b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 377
  • b15.jpg
    b15.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 359
  • b16.jpg
    b16.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 376