Registered
Local time
Today, 09:06
Reaction score
Feedback score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Ford F250 Mustang
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY.jpg

This is my 78 bronco Ol'Bess... My parents bought her when I was 7. Let me say I am slightly obsessed with her... they sold her when I was 16...I was severely upset...this truck was FAMILY and HOME to me. We suffered bouts of being homeless when I was a kid... so literally she was home I vowed to find and bring her home. I was told I was absolutely crazy and that she could never be obtained that the odds were not in my favor. At 23 I married the love of my life...a mechanic...who hates Fords... Shortly after we married he asked if I wanted to go to a big consignment auction...it was cold...I agreed to go. We pull up to the auction I walk in and there she was. I was instantly in tears when I seen her. From that point my husband was in more trouble than he knew You see he had heard about Ol'Bess... he just didn't understand. I begged and asked the man to sell her to me right then and he wouldn't...people looking at my husband oddly because I'm bawling over this truck...Ol'Bess's turn came on the auction block...I'm still pleading and crying...she has to come home The auctioneer was friends with my husband...told him he better buy it...not to make the honey moon end over a truck and I was a catch if I wanted trucks over diamonds lol. The auctioneer proceeded to ask the seller to start her up...she refused he tried again and again and she wouldn't start. He promised whoever bidded she ran but the bidding ceased. I bought her for 500$ .... my husband grumbled that he now had a ford that he had to trailer home. He goes to start Ol'Bess and she refused repeatedly...So I climbed in... patted her on the dash and said let's go home Bess...she fired right up...it has taken me 16 years to get her to where she is now. The primer is how she looked when my parents sold her...she was the exact same when I brought her home. The best part is my husband for birthdays,valentines, Christmas and anniversaries I was gifted car parts by my husband...lots of memories ♥

Says: Amber Daniels
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 2.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 3.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 4.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 5.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 6.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 7.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 8.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 9.jpeg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 10.jpeg

1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 11.jpg
1978 FORD BRONCO STORY 12.jpg